A wonderful early advertising button box. Later Victorian, about 1860s to 1880s, the paper covered lithograph cardboard box once held fancy pearl shirt buttons. Manufactured by C.V. Blunt, Birmingham. It is a splendid box with printed graphics on the lid of a scene with buildings, people, horses and wagons. Colors of the lid are sepia and black. The remainder of the box paper is printed in a pink background with figures, birds, and scrolls. Looks to be Old Glory flying from one of the buildings. Although can't be sure.
Condition of the box is remarkable. Except for a tiny scuff of paper at edges and some light soiling, the box is in nice condition.
Size is 7-1/2" long x 2" wide x 1-1/4" in height.
Although no original buttons, the box is filled with a nice assortment of pearl buttons from the early 1900's